Episode 8 of M&A Unplugged, Scott Becker: Lessons From a Healthcare M&A Attorney, is now live! If you are looking to maximize the value of your business acquisition or sale - the M&A Unplugged Podcast was designed with you in mind.
In this episode, Domenic and Scott Becker discuss:
- How to create a coherent plan of action
- The factors that go into a successful financial transaction
- How Scott managed multiple businesses
- How to be successful at both buying and selling
- Scott credits his success to having lots of energy and drive, surrounding himself with magnificent people and leaders, and his understanding of the importance of being both niche centric and customer centric
- There are three parts of a transaction - getting your people all on the same page, getting in sync with those on the other side of the transaction, and all the tasks necessary to close a deal
- The most successful buyers know the business extremely well, assess risks quickly and easily, and take their knowledge combined with personal/relationship skills to complete transactions.
- The most successful sellers understand their purpose
"In the legal business and in the sort of media business, the whole ability to grow, and scale the practice for the media business was based on hiring, cultivating, developing great people. So sort of a very clear strategy and plan but nothing get done on this strategy and plan without great people." — Scott Becker
About Scott Becker:
Scott Becker is a partner in the healthcare department at McGuireWoods. He previously served on the Board of Partners of the firm and chaired the healthcare department for nearly 13 years. Scott is the founder and publisher of Becker’s Hospital Review and Becker’s Healthcare. He represents hospitals and health systems, healthcare companies, surgery center chains, large practices and private equity funds. Scott is a Harvard law graduate and certified public accountant.
About M&A Unplugged Podcast:
On each episode of M&A Unplugged, Domenic Rinaldi of Sun Acquisitions will interview business buyers, business sellers and their advisors and you will hear firsthand accounts of their transaction experience. You will gain valuable insights and actionable takeaways so you can maximize the value of your business acquisition or sale!
Listen to the podcast here: https://www.maunplugged.com/episodes/scott-becker-lessons-from-a-healthcare-m-a-attorney
Please listen, review, and subscribe. And feel free to pass along to friends and colleagues!