Episode 9 of M&A Unplugged, Jonathan Banta: Leveraging Business Collaborations and Partnerships, is now live! If you are looking to maximize the value of your business acquisition or sale - the M&A Unplugged Podcast was designed with you in mind.
In this episode, Domenic and Jonathan Banta discuss:
- Jonathan's experience in preparing and selling businesses
- The importance of earn-outs when creating a partner relationship
- What Johnathan learned from previous transactions about sale process, diligence, and integration
- How to streamline the process of collaborating different businesses.
- There was a seamless integration due to familiarity and synergistic relationships
- elect the appropriate partner and make sure values and ideas are aligned with your partner, as to prevent remorse
- Be happy with what you get with clients and assume you will not get an earnout, if you are okay with that result, go forward with that partnership
- There are consequences when selecting the wrong partner
"The crude math equation for a professional services company back then was roughly 1 times revenue and generally what you are fighting for a scenario like that is how much of it is upfront and how much of it is earnout." — Jonathan Banta
About Jonathan Banta:
Jonathan Banta is the Chief Executive Officer of Preferred Dermatology Partners, an affiliate of Dermatology and Skin Cancer Surgery Center based in McKinney, Texas. Mr. Banta joined the practice in 2012 as the Executive Vice President where he implemented a number of process changes that improved company efficiencies and performance while growing the practice through select acquisitions and an organic growth model that has resulted in one of the largest practices in North Texas. He has focused heavily on patient care, patient experience and the employees. He was instrumental in expanding the patient service offering to include complete in-house lab facilities, radiation therapy and a breadth of new aesthetic procedures.
Prior to joining the practice, Mr. Banta spent 15 years as an executive in software integration and change management, primarily in SAP and Microsoft, with the last 10 years as the President and Founding Partner at Concero Partners. A native of Cleveland, OH, Mr. Banta earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Marketing from Kent State University and a Master of Business Administration degree in Marketing from Cleveland State University.
About M&A Unplugged Podcast:
On each episode of M&A Unplugged, Domenic Rinaldi of Sun Acquisitions will interview business buyers, business sellers and their advisors and you will hear firsthand accounts of their transaction experience. You will gain valuable insights and actionable takeaways so you can maximize the value of your business acquisition or sale!
Listen to the podcast here: https://www.maunplugged.com/episodes/jonathan-banta-leveraging-business-collaborations-and-partnerships
Please listen, review, and subscribe. And feel free to pass along to friends and colleagues!